#249   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 22:17
Registered Member

Plan: Carbo Addicts modified
Stats: 199/185/145
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Protein Fast update...

Again I was up before the alarm clock full of energy and down another half pound. I certainly didn't have the 4 pound loss like Donna did on her two day fast, but I'm quite content with the total of one pound loss for my 48 hours of effort.

Being the compulsive person I am, everything in me wants to keep going and stay on this fast longer. However, I'm going to resist being extreme and be moderate by adding in a few carbs of veggies this evening instead of staying on the full fast. Fresh green beans are in the frig so I think I'll start with those. That will be the only addition for today and I'll work up to more carbs from there over the next few days.

Regarding the calories/carbs when it comes to weight loss. Calories are units of measurement and 3500 calories equals one pound up or down, that's just plan science. So to me it can't be denied. What I find on low carb eating is that I can cut back on calories painlessly without feeling hungry and deprived. I've been tracking my calories and carbs daily since I started this program although CAD didn't require it I was curious. Also on this fast I tracked my calorie and carbs. On the fast I was consuming about 1,000 calories a day and of course no carbs. I didn't try to limit at all the amount of protein I needed to feel satisfied. I ate what I needed. If I tried to eat 1000 calories a day on the old diet thinking like weight watchers with fruit and bread I can assure you I would have been hungry all the time. Low carb allows less calories without hunger and to me that is a blessing!