View Single Post
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 15:35

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

My grocery expenses are higher, but like so many others, my eating out expenses are drastically reduced.

I read in one post that the person didn't like to cook. I thought that about myself before I started this WOL. However, as my energy has increased, my enjoyment of cooking has increased. And I used to have a problem cleaning the kitchen after I cooked/ate. Sometimes leaving the dishes for a day or two. Now, I get up after my meal and go clean the kitchen because I don't have all that yucky carby food weighing me down and making me so tired I can't get off the sofa.

I must say that being single makes it both easier and harder to manage this WOL. I have had to devise a lot of single-serving one-pot dishes becaue I don't do well with leftovers. But I have been having fun doing just that. I like to cook now.

As far as the cost of buying meat, I buy it on sale and store as much as will fit in the freezer on top of the refrigerator.

And I save time in the kitchen by preparing things like onions and mushrooms (used in about 90% of all my recipes) in advance.

And what's really a kick is that my refrigerator is full! It used to be that it was mostly empty because the foods I ate were prepackaged convenience foods. I just didn't have the energy to cook. Now all I cook is fresh.

;-Deb