View Single Post
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 15:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Try comparing some foods and you will see the difference

Cereal at $3 a box(which my kids can eat in 3 sittings) compared to 3 doz eggs for $3

Chicken leg/thigh for $.29 (one weighs about a lb and it's usually between $.29-$.50 a lb) compared to a fast food burger at $2.50.

Bag of chips at $3 compared to a whole quart of whipping cream at about the same price.

You people in California don't know how lucky you are in the winter. I just paid $3.04 for a head of Romaine lettuce. But in the summer my DH has a garden and we eat from it.

I also shop at a wholesale club for my meat. It comes in large packages, but I divide it and freeze it.

Most of the time my dinners are meat, and salad, with a baked potato or some noodles for my husband and son. They don't seem to miss the casseroles, or pastas. On the nights when I weigh in at TOPS, they get their pizza or stromboli. (they bring me a chef's salad home)

And BTW, a chicken breast with the bone in weighs about twice as much as one without the bone or skin, so if the price is double for the bonless, it's actually the same price as buying the one with the bone and removing it yourself. When there are good buys on chicken breast, I sometimes buy alot and cook it off and freeze the diced meat in the broth. It's a quick basic ingredient to keep on hand.