View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 13:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 388/287/200
BF:
Progress: 54%

Stalls can be very decouraging, however if you keep your focus, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

My last stall began at Christmas, and lasted until this week. THREE MONTHS! It was pretty frustrating, but it helped to keep the following in mind...

1. I wasn't losing, but I wasn't gaining either!

2. I had dropped a large amount of weight, and it only makes sense that there are going to be times when I lose quickly, lose slowly, or stall. Keep faithful to the LC WOE, and the overall trend will be downward. (Think of the stock market, although it looks bad at this moment in time, over the past 100 years, it has performed quite well!)

3. When you get discouraged, read the book! I follow Atkin's. It is loaded with stories about people who have done it. See what they did. Examine what you're doing. Try different approaches. Dale Carnigie couldn't do a better job of providing motivation.

4. Visit this board often. As I write this, there are 130 people on-line on this board. All of these people are working toward the same goal- to be healthier. The knowlege base these people have is awesome. Some folks will give you facts, some will give you advise, and some will give you emotional support. It is truly an amazing resource.

Take care,