#244   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 06:43
Registered Member

Plan: Carbo Addicts modified
Stats: 199/185/145
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Hi Chris

I know what you mean about veggies and salad. When my husband was eating his salad last night I wanted to grab a cucumber off his fork! I'm serious!!! However, I resisted and told myself that its only for two days then I can have cucumber or whatever veggie I want. I told myself, "Betsy, you can get up from this table feeling really good with yourself that you resisted and stuck to this fast..or you can blow it for a lousy little cucumber..Which will it be?" Well, I wanted to feel proud of me more than I wanted that cucumber so sticking to the plan took priority.

I chose for years to give in to this head of mine and look where it got me! So part of this program for me is learning how to control those thoughts and make mature decisions. If its a cucumber today it will be a fudge brownie tomorrow if I let this head rule my life. I'm pretty mature in most areas of my life, but when it comes to food I'm a definite 2 year old. At 52 I think its time that I grew up in this area of my life. So I'm trying to practice cognitive therapy and gain control over my thoughts. Some days are easier than others!