View Single Post
  #31   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 19:48

Plan: CALP
Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Groceries

One thing I've noticed is that I can barely stand to eat meat that has been frozen and then thawed to cook. I prefer steak to be fresh, (any beef for that matter), chicken tastes better when it is fresh then cooked. The exception is when we stew chicken for chicken and dumplings or soup.. etc. Then it doesn't really matter to me. So for our family, we're buying either smaller packages of meat (thus more expensive) or buying larger packages, cooking it immediately and eating leftovers for at least 1/2 the week.

I think our food bill is about the same, generally speaking. Just more trips to the store which I guess equates in a bit more in gas.

Our kids are semi following our LC plan. They eat a the same times as my husband and I and follow the "no eating after the hour" rule. I think this will set them up for a better WOE later in life. They don't have a snack right before bed so there isn't another insulin release for them. They are hungry in the morning for something besides cerel many mornings. They've also decided that salad is just something we eat on a regular basis and always have some. They're eating better and I'm not going to worry just yet about their eating habits too much.

Lisa
Sponsored Links