View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 09:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 364/320/280
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile Getting Inventive to Weigh Myself...

Let me tell you a story, about how I reached my first short-term goal.

When I made the decision to start LCing, I was 364 pounds, although I didn't know it at the time. You see, I didn't own a scale; I guess I preffered ignorance when it came to my weight. All I knew was that it was getting a little harder to get up off the floor and it took a little more time to buckle my seatbelt when I got into a car. I think the deciding moment came on an airplane when I couldn't buckle my seatbelt for the first time because, even when it was fully extended, it wasn't long enough.

After I decided to lose weight, I bought a digital scale, and when I took it for a test drive, I was slightly horrified to see the letter E instead of a number. The scale had a limit of 330 pounds, so all I knew was that I weighed more than 330 pounds. They only thing I could think of to weigh myself more accuratly than "more than 330" (other than to buy a doctors scale that went up to 350) was to buy a cheap scale, step on them both, and add the two numbers. I did it and it worked. 364 pounds.

Last saturday was my weekly weigh in. I stepped on both scales, added up the numbers, and came to 330. I was pretty excited since I had been waiting for this moment for two and a half months, when I would reach my first goal: being able to weigh myself on one scale. I took a deep breath and stepped on one scale, and it registered 330 pounds. I was all smiles the whole day.

I don't know what I will do with the second scale that I bought. I have no use for it anymore. I haven't decided if I want to hold onto it for sentimental value, or toss it for ritualistic value. Either way, I feel like I have made a small victory, so of course, I thought I would tell you all about it. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links