View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 18:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 173/141.5/130
BF:
Progress: 73%

When I first started low carb at 173lbs I read Protein Power and followed that plan for a few weeks. It made a lot of sense to me and I enjoyed it very much. Altho I did find it a bit of a hassle with all the calulations. (I'm no good for that stuff.)

Then my sister started following the Atkins plan, so I read her copy then made a quick trip to the book store for my own. It was so simple to understand. I started induction and the weight came off and I was rarely hungry. I did a lot of research on Low carb and found many good recipes and snack ideas. I now have a
very nice Low Carb Library of my own.

My weight dropped to 140 but then I balanced out to 145. I've gone from a size 16 to size 6/8/9. Since August 2001 I've been stalled...losing the same 3-5lbs over and over again. Of course I cheated a bit too. Getting discouraged I guess.

Well summer is coming and I want the rest off NOW! So when I heard how another low carber from another BB followed KISS I thought I'd give it a try because my weight went back up to 152.5,( mostly fluid retension from Chineese food ) but since Monday I'm down to 148. YEAH!

I think I needed to give up the processed foods to get back on track. I'm drinking my water(8-10gl) and eating only fresh pure food! I really enjoy that. It's like my taste buds are alive again.
I think I'm going to make it this time! I just needed a good kick in the pants!