View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 14:41

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Thanks for the clarification.

You do appear to be dropping very rapidly - especially over the last eight days. If your scale is to be believed (always an issue, but your clothing fit seems to back it up) then you have dropped 26 pounds in 8 days. That pretty much has to be water being purged. But it would be strange to have that much excess water hanging around after having lost another 20 pounds over the previous three weeks.

Do you have any idea what your blood pressure has been doing during this time?

I admit a part of me is very envious - but I am also a bit concerned that something else might be going on. Don't ask me what. But if you see a similar drop over the next week, I would go see someone. If you gain some of that weight back, then I would breath a sigh of relief and chaulk it up to you body going through some really bizzare water rebalancing.

BTW: If you have a doctor that is anti-LC, and if you are serious about adopting LC as a permanent WOL, then you would probably best be served by finding a different doctor. Just as so many doctors are too prone to blame everything on your weight, so too will an Anti-LC doctor be too quick to blame everything on your WOE.