#7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 13:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 385/336/220
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default break down of what's been happening

My Story:

About a month ago I got weighed in at the doctors at 385, that week i decided to give atkins a try, made it about a week, and felt rather horrible no difference in clothes fiting and what not, that saturday was my dad's birthday, woops 3 pieces of carrot cake...
I started again a few days later and was feeling almost no weight loss again but was feeling alot better. Day 10 of that second attempt (which would be about 20 days after original weigh in) I was down to 365 at which point I decided a 350 lb capacity scale (highest capacity I could find) would be close enough to my current weight.
This morning, like every morning for the last 8, I weighed myself again, with the same scale, in the same clothing, I was 336. The morning before(the day I first posted) I was 340. I suppose I mis-spoke when I said an average of 3-4 lbs a day over 3 weeks, but these last 6 or so days that has been the case. A rough average puts me at about 2.9 lbs/day over the last 10 days. While most people seem to start losing weight fast and slowing... Im starting slow and getting faster...
So recapping the confusing way I've stated the numbers:
Day -3 of LC lifestyle: Weight 385, i have no scale with capacity near that
Day 6 of LC lifestyle I eat 3 pieces of Carrot Cake, lots of milk and feel terrible
Day 9 of LC lifestyle: Start over with Induction again.
Day 19 of LC lifestyle: 10 days into induction part deux now, go back to dr's weigh in at 365... lost 20 lbs over the last 22 days.
Day 20 of LC Lifestyle: buy a scale with capacity of 350 weight 362
Day 24: 351 lbs woo!
Day 28: Today weight 336. Been on the "induction plan" for 19 days now
What I ate Yesterday:
3 strips of Bacon 2 sausage links 2 eggs
Cheeseburger, 2 Pickle Spears
4 broiled chicken strips with a salad (lettuce, peppers, cucumbers,3 slices of tomato)
Rather typical of how I eat day to day... Also seems rather typical of what every one else is eating.
I realize that there's margin for error weighing myself with a scale that when i started at 15lbs over its capacity, but what im experiencing doesn't seem to be average by any standard, and I suppose it has me a little worried. I've tried talking to the dr on the phone about it but he's completely anti-atkins. Im going to see him again April 3rd.