View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 12:52

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

The "smoking" comment didn't imply that you were high or delusional, it was meant to imply that I want in on the secret!

But I am still confused by the numbers. If you have been losing 3-4 pounds per day for the last three weeks, that means that you have lost somewhere between 63 and 84 pounds in just the last three weeks. Yet your stats show a total loss so far of 45 pounds. How much of that was lost during Induction prior to the 3 weeks in question?

Losing seven pounds in a couple of days is not terribly uncommon - and neither is gaining seven pounds in a couple of days. That is within the normal variation that people our weight can have just do to water.

It would really be helpful if you could post the actual numbers for your loss week by week - or as best you can remember them if they aren't written down.

If you have really lost 60+ pounds in three weeks, I would recommend you see a doctor. Both because it might be indicative of something wrong and also because of concerns over your body to effectively adjust its electrolyte balance and other things in response to such rapid loss.

Oh, don't worry about a high number of views and low number of responses. That's the norm. Most people read far more posts than they reply to and there a lot of lurkers that only read the threads - they may not even be registered users which means they can't reply. Again, that's typical.