View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 12:14

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default wow

Bob ...

Ask your body what it is going to do once you throw it into starvation mode at 500 cals per day ... then ask it how it's gonna act once you begin to eat normally again ...

To see how low you can go WITHOUT wasting away, figure out what your body's BMR is (basal metabolic rate). That will tell you what your body NEEDS to function.

As a trainer, I have seen what you are about to do backfire too many times. Usually is it with women. Once they starve themselves down to a "magic number" and they eat normally again, their metbolism is so shot that virtually ALL of the weight they gain back was fat.

I have had the not-so-fun task of having to "reset" the metabolisms of some models who were shutting off their appetites by taking Phen-Fen ... FOR 6 YEARS. When the pill was yanked from the market, these girls gained so much weight/fat that it was hard to believe that it was them (seeing the "before" pics and the "now" pics).

Many times I used ALL of the standard "tricks" to restore their metabolisms ... nothing worked. Then I had to dig deeper into some not-so-friendly tricks and got some results.

Restoring your metabolism once you have shut it down takes like 10 times the amount of dedication and determination that it takes to "starve" yourself. Most people do not have what it takes.

Some of the girls made it, many did not.

What I am saying is, going at it the way you are about to will be a losing battle. You will hit your goal no doubt. But, are you willing to eat 500 cals per day for the rest of your life? I see health problems on the horizon.

And at 500 cals per day, besides all of the fun side effects that Nopie listed, you will feel tired/lethargic all the time, as well as being irritable and you sure as hell will not be giving your body enough to repair itself should you happen to get sick/injured.

It's your body, so it's your choice. But really think about what you are about to do. Honestly, it's not worth it.