#3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-23-02, 15:56
Registered Member

Plan: Attkins
Stats: 210/198/165 Female 5'6 1/2''
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Balance

I think the issue of "safe for your son" is really balance. It was an unbalanced way of eating/lifestyle that got him to his need to have a doctor put him on this new Way of Eating. If you will check out page 93 in your Atkins book you will see a pretty interesting diagram. This is what made this all make since to me.

The "induction" which should last a short period of time. (2 weeks or so) should kick your body into ketosis (eating it's own fat). Then when you add carb, do it wisely like some carrots on that salad or some green beans. But watch out not to add too many carbs.

Even when I got off, [In Sept 2001 I lost 25 lbs then because of a series of events could not get back faithful and I had gained back 7 lbs.) I would not eat bread at a meal that I might want desert. And I still did not eat patatoes much especially not with other HIGH carb stuff.

The key is balance. You were unbalanced for a while to get to the point of over weight... so the solution is an unbalanced "NO Carb" time then when you get to the OWL (Ongoing Weight Loss) you still really watch those carbs.

We have been lied to for so long that fat causes us to be fat, WRONG carbs cause us to be fat. We have bought the lie, so that we could eat our "no fat" cookies, cake, pie, bread and all so full of carbs that we still gain weight. WAIT! STOP! HELP!

I still don't eat a lot of fat and I cook carbs for my family because they aren't on this WOE. And my husband can't hardly eat red meat, makes him feel bad. I still believes FAT is bad.

Hang in there you will get the grip!
km