View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-23-02, 13:44

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

It is true that the LC WOE tends to be more expensive - especially to those that have made the effort to really trim their food budget. For those of us that were hardcore fast food junkies, we have often seen out food costs go down.

At some point we have to accept that the added cost is basically a necessary medical expense. And if it lets you get of medication or avoid medications in the future, the financial payback is almost certainly in your favor.

You can prepare many foods ahead of time. I baked a package of chicken breasts (about 45 minutes back time but my total involvement was five minutes at most) and then I split each one and put it in a baggie. Then I take one out, nuke it (you can eat it cold, of course) and put a slice of cheese on it along with some mayo and brown mustard plus some spinach leaves and, poof, done in under five minutes.

I also make a big crock pot of chili about once a week. It takes about half an hour to prepare the ingredients and get it going and then about 10 hours to cook. Then I split the result into single serving plastic containers and put them in the fridge. Throw one in my lunch box in the morning and nuke it for 1.5 minutes at work and I'm done.

Scan through the recipes section and forums and experiment. Good luck.