Old Sat, Mar-23-02, 09:59

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default YOU ARE DOING GREAT!

Wonderful!

You are doing great!

Don't forget to add fats/not TONS but some, your body needs them for so many processes including proper digestion!

Yes, I hope others follow too. I think people think okay, I'll low carb but I don't want to miss out on anything I used to have before so I'll eat all these "pseudo" or fake made to look like carby foods/cakes/muffins/spagetti - yet supposedly have few carbs----- manufactured or processed foods...and they DO have more carbs than listed most often or contain 'oses" (sugars) or citric acids that stall. HIDDEN carbs.

And you did do this to be healthier yes? Not just lose weight?
Using manufactured foods like Atkins' creates a dependency on that company for your food.

I'd rather be dependent on THE EARTH...more of a guarantee it's going to not go "out of business" anytime soon.

Also, you eat less when you KISS BUT because you are still eating your fats, you aren't hungry. I mean it's just easier to face and eat ONE plate of real food, than to TRY to limit yourself to ONE piece of lc cheesecake - yes? In the end you are getting more NUTRITION and when you meet your nutritional needs you are now a healthy functioning body that can do what it does when you eat less carbs/don't eat stalling ingredients - LOSE FAT.
3 cheers to you!!!

If it has an ingredient list/more than 2-3 ingredients most likely it's processed. Shop only the OUTER section of your grocerystore...all the REAL food is there, it has to be because it has to be kept FRESH.

Some canned food I allow, canned tuna/ but even then I check for starches (sometimes they use potato starch in the water!)...
I allow for Hellmans/no ingredients there I can't recognize and I also use butter and the very small amount of cheese/2 very naturally made and low ingredient number foods. I use flax oil/although must be processed TOO omega 3 healthy to miss and I also take vitamins - NO arguement there.

Nancy