View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Mar-23-02, 04:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/126/126
BF:
Progress: 100%

DebPenny,

Wow, that was a brill explanation and I am really relieved that one doesn't have to be constantly in Ketosis to still loose . I understand now about the carb vs fat when NOT in Ketosis. Your body uses up the carbs first that you've eaten then when it runs out it goes to the fat stores, dietary first, which isn't too efficient in the absence of high insulin, then deposits, yes? But if you eat TOO much fat AND those carbs you won't loose, and if you eat too LITTLE fat but still eat the carbs (but not totally enough carbs for total energy production) your body will think it's going into starvation mode. So balance is really essential, does make a whole lot of sense. Ketosis is like an extreme thing really isn't it? Not totally necessary ALL the time!

I'm currently around 70 - 80% fat with 5% carb, so as I increase my carbs I will probably need to decrease that!

I hope you didn't think I was doubting your methods (or rather Schwarzbein's) I'm just trying to understand it all. I actually like what Dr S has to say, I've ordered her book from the library so that I can read in more depth not just off the website. Need to find out what foods slow down carb absorption.

Your menu for the day is great, just the sort of thing I'm happy with.

Razzle - thanks found it p285-7 I hadn't got that far 'cause it's past 'premaintenance' which I'm not on yet, I was saving it to nearer the time.

Great going Golden Grl keep it up let us know how you're progressing with this way of doing it.

Bye
Banana