#11   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-02, 17:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/126/126
BF:
Progress: 100%
Lightbulb Caloric Intake!!!

Quote:
Therefore as you increase your carbs the more critical it is to look at your caloric intake, exercise level, and metabolic level.

This is it, thanks Fleadogs (great name by the way, how did you come by that?)

I think this has helped tremendously, makes complete sense to me, any disagreements from anyone out there? I will certainly be looking at my overall eating as I increase my carbs, but I'd rather get more vits and bits from my veggies and berries than eat more fat, (although I love my cream and olive oil etc, one of the reasons I was first attracted to this WOE).

I have scoured this site for loads of information and have read the bits about fat and Ketosis, it was just this specific thing about the level of carbs and loss vs comsumption of fat and calories that was still unclear, but I think you've probably hit the nail on the head for me

I agree with you Razzle, it's hard to cram in that amount of carbs each day just from veggies. What about low carb bread, I found a brill recipe which is made from Flaxmeal, Oatmeal, gluten powder, almond flour and works out about 2.5g per slice or less than 2g if you halve the recipe and put it into a smaller tin and get more slices out of the loaf. That would help increase the daily carbs. Do you think this type of carb would be a problem and cause any slow down or not? I suppose I just have to work it out for myself.

Razzle, do you have a reference from Atkins' book where he talks about this 'reversal' diet, I can't remember reading about it in his book DANDR? and I'd like to see exactly what he says. Thanks

DebPenny, I always tried not to have too many tomatoes as they seem to be quite high carbs, and carrots, but you say they and raw carrots are OK. I think I'm going to gen up on this list and widen my scope of veggies slowly, cause I love them all too! Also if you are on Schwarzbein you aren't in ketosis are you? So why would your body burn fat for energy? Where's that fine balance when your body switches energy sources but still looses weight, or does this just not happen, once energy sources are switched fat loss stops? That can't be or else people doing Schwarzbein would not loose weight surely?

Banana