View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-02, 14:01

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default ATKINS W OUT A GALLBLADDER IN 10 EASY STEPS!!!

YES you can Atkins with no gallbladder. HOW? Read on to discover WHY life is different without it on Atkins and what you can do to be a successful ATKINSER wout a gallbladder!!!

How it works

1. Your gallbladder makes bile.

2. Bile digests fats.

3. Before you had your gallbladder out your gallbladder, when stimulated by eating fat would squirt out exact needed amount of bile to digest the fat and fats were digested easily.

4. You had your gallbladder out.

SO WHAT? WELL...

5. Now bile doesn't come out of it when you eat fat. Instead bile drips continuously and slowly from your pancreas all day.
Instead of only getting the right amount of bile when you eat, like before, you have a steady running thin stream of this in your system all the time.

6. Fat absorbs bile.

7. Bile is an irritant to your system if you don't eat enough fat to absorb it.

OKAY - BUT HOW DOES THIS AFFECT ME? :

8. BUT if you eat too much fat in a meal you don't have enough bile in your system NOW to absorb it and the extra fat reaches your intestines and rushes right through you. Diahrea!

9. So now you now what there is to know about how the gallbladder works, where and how you are getting bile from now, where the bile is in your system (smaller amount of bile there all the time) the role of bile and how eating not enough fat or too much fat will result with you.

FINE. HOW SHOULD I COPE?

10. Well, I've found that a MODERATE fat Atkins diet/meaning SOME NOT LOTS OF fat with protein at smaller more frequent meals works for me and many other people who do Atkins with no gallbladder.

Get it? Yes, Atkins with no gallbladder = diahrea. Just cut your fat down to less than EXCESSive fat and the diahrea will stop. Or don't and just enjoy the diahrea (no fun!!!).

Hope this was helpful.
------------------
SUMMARY

Too little fat = too much bile in your system it constantly trickles from your pancreas now/not good for you - causes IBS or IBD or spastic colon/bile is an irritant, you might get ani puritis (look it up) or just a sore rear exit area (you know what I mean)...if this happens, up your fat and use desitin "there".

WAY Too MUCH fat = diarhea / you ate more fat than your bile can absorb and whoosh, the fat rushes food right through you (along with other nutrients!). If this happens eat less fat, even a little less will help - don't cut out fat you need SOME to absorb the bile you DO have in your system!!! And hey, use the Desitin "back there" until it's over - save your skin!
-------------------
The key is to find a balance. I've found it with Atkins, but moderate fats. This does not mean that you have to give up bacon or butter or mayo - it does mean eat NORMAL not excessive amounts. Induction is hard for us, but hey I managed to stay to induction levels without a gallbladder while upping protein and a little less fat.

Peace. I hope I've helped.