#7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-02, 11:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/126/126
BF:
Progress: 100%
Smile What alot of brill info

Hey guys,

Thanks all of you for taking the time to reply and put down your thoughts and opinions, they were all really brill

Babs - what do you do on the 7th day, 'Sin' or what? Do you come out of ketosis by drastically increasing your carbs, your body must be well confused, maybe that' s what does it with the weight loss!. Let me know your plan. I've only really got between 7 - 14 lbs left to go, I think going down to 126lb probably is not realistic for me as I haven't been that since a teenager (long time ago ) so if I say 7 - 9 lbs left, that isn't really an awful lot when you take this as a WOE for life is it. PATIENCE is a REALLY good word to remember! Good advice which I already sort of know but wanted to overlook

Allisonm - you know I could really buy into your theory it does sound feasible, after all that's what happens to your body with calorie intake doesn't it, so maybe it applies to carbs.

Anybody out there who has more details, facts, knowledge on this issue, would be really interesting.

Funny 'cause I started out probably on higher carb intake because I was using guesswork not Fitday. Now I'm hard pushed to make it to 20, but I know that I need to start increasing them otherwise I will never know what my level is at, plus I really do miss the fruit and veggies. I've done that over the past 2 days, had loads of salads and veggies with lunch and dinner and still the carb levels are low!

God designed us very well I think, we cannot fool our bodies, like you suggest we probably adjust sooner or later, otherwise the Eskimos would have shrivelled away to nothing! I'll probably now move towards further still increasing my carbs through low glycaemic fruit and veg and see what happens. (Does that mean I've switched plans??????)

Exercise is a bit of a bummer with me. I've got three small kid still at home to chase around, at night when they are in bed, I like to sit down with my lovely hubby and either read or now get on line and research some more about LC, so I don't get out to actually 'exercise'. However, I'd say lifting my 18mth old constantly, (and he is no small boy!!) could constitute weight lifting!!!!! Come nicer weather there will be more walking as well.

Rustpot - I've noticed browsing through this forum that you come up with some brill answers, how do you do it? You've clued yourself up on all of this LC stuff haven't you, it shows Thanks cause it really helps to get the info from somebody who is actually following the plan not just writing about it.

Joanne - this thing about lapsing, won't this confuse your body if you keep doing that? Also won't a sudden intake of carbs bring in a surge of insulin which will take days to reverse again. What I'd like to know is how many carbs at one go would bring about this switch back to glucose as energy rather than fat?

Another question which I haven't come across the answer to, I think! If you come out of ketosis and your body starts to use carbs as energy again, can you still loose weight gradually? (Which is what the other LC diets advocate don't they?) I can't remember what the Dr says, are you in ketosis all the time you are loosing weight and it's when you reach that CCLM that your body has kicked into glucose again?

Wow loads of questions but I sort of need to just put everything in it's right place in my head so that I can stop being so obsessive about it all and just get on with it as a WOL

Thanks guys anyway, it's a real head scratcher for me at the moment, but I know that it's the right thing following LC for all around health, it's just achieving the right levels personally, as you say.

As for my poor kids, sweets are out They get a treat once a week, or when they go to a party I let them eat what's there, (difficult not to really!) I can see that they just eat loads of carbs already in the form of bread, rice, potatoes and pasta let alone the yogurts and fromage frais they love.

Ta Ta 4 now
Banana