View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 22:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 292/271/160
BF:
Progress: 16%

Yes, you really have to be informed when you go to the doctor ... you need to ask those questions ... and if you don't understand the explanations, you need to be assertive enough to say, "I don't understand what you're saying, could you say that again?" and then "So what your saying is ..."

I find that generally doctors appreciate this kind of attitude ... the "I'm taking chage of my own health decisions" attitude. And, if my doctor doesn't like it ... I find another doctor.

I think we are too much into the take a pill and you'll be fine mentality -- I know now there are some medicines I will have to take forever (thyroid replacement), but if it can be accomplished without medication I think that's better.

We need to change our lifestyles to live healthily, not take more meds. I think it's the same way with spirituality -- people want a quick fix -- easy "pill" to take that will assure salvation and a good paycheck <G>

When living well (physicially as well as spiritually, emotionally, intellectually) requires living with intentionality, working at the things that are important to us, and enjoying the rewards.

OK .. I'm done preaching for now <G>