View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 19:06

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Gotta agree with all of you on those drug commercials. My dad is a retired doctor and absolutely HATES them! He's been on the receiving end of "hey, doc...can I try this?" when the patient has absolutely no idea what the drug is for, then they got angry when he told them it wasn't something they needed. Sad to say, many people have the idea that they haven't been "treated" until they leave the doctor's office with a prescription in hand and a bag full of drug samples. I happen to be on the other side of the spectrum and resist taking medications when at all possible and it drives my doc nuts when I sit there and ask "do I really need to take this? and what are the potential side effects/detriments of this drug?" and ask they he actually go look it up if he doesn't know (he's very quick to prescribe drugs for whatever ails you...stuck me on such a high dose of blood pressure medication I wound up sick and too dizzy to drive much less work). I'm gearing up for another battle of "I don't want to take Lipitor" when I go see him in a couple of weeks even though my triglycerides have taken a dive and my HDL has gone up. Total cholesterol went up and so did my LDL (although not by much) and according to my recent home test, the numbers haven't changed much although I'm hoping it's because my HDL has increased. This time I'm going to go in armed with information...won't he be so pleased? LOL