View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 12:43

Plan: no plan /pregnancy
Stats: 166/&;&;&;/140
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default encouragement from someone in the medical communitry

Last night a friend came over and somehow, dh and i got to talking about low carbing..he siad 'well my wife is doing 'atkins' we said 'we are too.' He said the mainstream medical community has a lot to learn about this. he said he read carb addicts a year ago and tried to get his wife to go on it, but to no avail. she picked up atkins and started it. he said his dad is in late 80's without knowing it has really been following a low carb diet all of his life and is still kicking. this really encouraged me to have a doctor, as well as a friend, endorse the LC woe. we discussed lowfat ,etc. and he said 'and i bet you were always hungry and tired, weren't you' i said 'yes, i was'. but on this plan, since i have added potassium i feel 'normal' (if any of us are really normal

he said the weight he needs to lose was put on over the last 12 years, so if it takes a year to come off, that is okay. i guess i need to adopt that attitude too..the slower it comes off i know, more than likely, the more permanent the loss will be.

just a bit of encouragement
Sponsored Links