View Single Post
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 07:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/182/170 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default Hello Teri and Sally!!

It's so nice to see more people here! It means more people that will prove this WOE works! You are both doing great!

You guys sound like you have great goals and really nice rewards for yourselves. I've been trying to figure out what would be good mini-rewards and a good big end reward. At this point, just going out and looking great is my biggest one! But I want to really do something to keep me on for life. When I lost my first 10 lbs. on my low-fat diet (took me FIVE MONTHS!! ) I took myself to the spa for a pedicure. Then after my next 10 lbs (on this diet, 1 1/2 weeks, hey, it was induction but I'll take every pound I can get!) I got my hair trimmed and styled. I don't want to do anything major with it until the end, so before our vacation in September (we're going to Pittsburgh and D.C.) I'm going to do something completely new with myself! So, I think I'll probably splurge on a whole day spa package with my diet buddy. She gets $1,000 for getting down to 160lbs.

Tama, I don't really feel down when I go out and eat a carb meal. I just figure I am going to set this one meal aside and eat and enjoy. I read somewhere, in fact I think it was on this board, that if you plan on a carb meal, just do it, enjoy it, and go back on plan for the next meal. Oh wait, it was CALP. Anyway, I am not fazed by the junk food in my house, it used to be my comfort food. Now, my comfort is in seeing myself grow thinner. I am not in a hurry, so if I want to go out and have a nice meal, I will, and go back to low carb for the next meal. I think the difference is that the guilt is gone, so no reason to binge. I also keep in the back of my mind, the fact that in CALP, you have a reward meal. First a salad, then a plate with 1/3 protein, 1/3 other veggies, and 1/3 carbs. I think it might help me to keep any low carb meal in mind, even if it's not as rigid as this one. I don't do this all of the time, just once every two weeks or so. I haven't stopped or slowed my loss, so it works for me! After having mexican food Thurs., I weighed myself Saturday and was down another pound, so it must not have been that bad.

I've got to get my kids started with their school, see you guys later! Amber