#6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 22:35
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Nobody has slammed lowfat here.

I posted the information here to be helpful and encouraging to persons who may be hesitant to consume a higher fat level than the 30% which is suggested by the Food Pyramid. Persons following low-carb need to increase their fat intake in order to ensure sufficient caloric-energy intake ... fat has no impact on blood sugar or insulin levels, while protein and carbohydrate do.

Most of our members are here because they DID follow lowfat regimens, and saw no improvement in health or worsening even, while weight loss was a struggle accompanied by constant hunger and terrible cravings. Their frustration with the established nutritional mythologies is reasonable and understandable.

I wish my father had known about low-carbing. He followed lowfat to the letter, and after his fourth heart attack, by-pass surgery and a stroke .. he died in 1990. My uncles (his brothers) also had similar ailments related to insulin resistance. All followed drs' lowfat orders. All died of those ailments. At least my brother has been able to reverse the pattern for himself, as I have done also -- by following low-carb and consuming more quality fats.

On the subject of slamming and being disrespectful however, we do have a rule about personal attacks, insults, name-calling etc. It's part of the registration agreement. Calling members fools, and other insults, and repeated attacks of their opinions is a violation of the registration. If you wish to promote lowfat, you're more than welcome to post articles, research etc supporting. But do expect that there will be rebuttals and debate .. this IS a lowcarb support forum.

Doreen