#3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 20:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 133/126/115
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default so many reasons

It's not stupid! There are so many reasons- Just listen to the media tell you everyday that LC is not the way to go. Then, if you're like me, so many friends/relatives tell you this WOE is bad for you, or 'you can have just a little' Then the little person inside you still thinks 'it's not fair, I can't eat like other people'

You should congratulate yourself on how fantastic you've aleady done! Remember how good you feel about the weight loss, but mostly how good it feels to be in control of what you eat.

Then the final key is - you can't cheat just a little. It just makes you want more and more, and at least for me - this leads to beating yourself up for failure and more binging.

I cheat too, and everytime I do, I end up falling off the wagon and gaining weight. So I'm really only hurting myself. Razzle is right - the best way to beat the cylce is go cold turkey again. It clears the body and the mind. I'm back on induction this week, and in two days I feel better about myself already.

Go back and read the book that got you started for motivation. Or get a new low-carb book for a fresh outlook. And keep coming here - it got me back on induction.