View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 10:01

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

not stupid no! (and please don't say such things about yourself).

You know how addictive carbs are. Once you're back into the habit of them, the biochemistry of carb-eating will drive you to more and more. The only thing to do is to break the cycle, white-knuckle the cravings, and abstain for 5 or so days to see the cravings go away.

I've been finding it helpful (while I'm on track, actually) to work with a number of eating disorders books. If this sounds like a possibility to you, go to your library or local bookstore and sit down in front of the row of books on the topic. Find those that address binge eating or overeating from emotional reasons, and flip through them until you find one whose style "speaks" to you. An alternative to this would be to find an Overeaters Anonymous group in your area.
For most of us who have been more than 25 pounds or so overweight, there is an emotional eating component to our weight problem. Steadily chipping away at the understanding of that is, I think, part of the way we will be able to find a permanent weight loss solution.

Congratulations on your great loss so far! It must be a wonderful feeling to be shopping in regular misses sizes.