View Single Post
  #264   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 11:23

Plan: Carbohydrate Addict
Stats: 205/191/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 19%

I am not offended at all by the question... I am a new here, but still would like to throw in my thoughts.
I was never heavy growing up, very normal weight and also very active. I played every sport available to me including gymnastics, volleyball, soccer, baseball, track and field, field hockey and basketball. I never thought about food. I ate whatever I wanted when I was hungry. I don't ever remember food being an issue growing up, I was raised in a middle-upper income family, so the low income = obesity is not true for me. After University - still weighting in at around 125 pounds, I started my first office job. I sat all day. Starting dating my husband - who loves food and always needs good quality and big quantities. I gained 10 pounds per year over the last 8 years... Does anyone really notice gaining a pound a month? I sure didn't. So, my activity basically stopped, I sat on my butt all day and I ate a lot. I stopped getting on the scale, and then I finally hit the big 200 mark. I always thought the same thing as Levi - How do people get so big? Well, it happens by living and by changing of our lifestyle. It is not a conscious thing that we do. The hardest part is admiting that I am obese, but I have and now I am on the road to good health and good living.