#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 23:34

Plan: Nothing
Stats: 157/155.6/135 Female 5'5"
BF:28.6%/28.6%/25%
Progress: 6%
Question [CKD] A few questions

Hello all,

I stumbled on CKD about a week ago when reading about refeeds and have decided to do it. Problem is, there've been a lot of discrepancies in all of the articles I've read on the subject so I'm a little confused. If anyone would help me out, I would be very, very grateful

1. First of all, I'm a female, so I assume the amount of carb and fat will be slightly different? How much different would it be? Any females out there have a regular formula you use for carbloading?

2. I'm doing only a 24hr carbup, and all of the calculators out there only do 2 day carbups, so what would be a good formula to follow? An average of the two days? However, when I use a standard CKD equation, I get around 2000 calories (barely maintainance) but when I use the one by the Ministry of Fitness, I get anywhere from 2200 - 2400. Would it be better to spill over or to restrict a little to be safe?

3. Some people say not to eat any fruit ever, but others like Lyle say to eat 50g of carbs from fruit (that's quite a lot of fruit... is this amount right?) before doing the depletion workout. Could somebody clear this up?

4. My plan currently runs something like this:

Saturday morning: cardio
night: depletion, then normal lowcarb meal

All day Sunday: carbup

Note that I don't have an immediate carbup after my depletion... is this detrimental to fat loss? I'm not really looking to build muscle, so I'm not concerned about that.

5. Is it possible to only take zinc and ALA as the supplements, or do I have to take fatburners and a bunch of other stuff? I really don't have the money to buy a lot of supps, and would rather not take fatburners...

Again, will be very grateful for any help! Thanks!
Sponsored Links