View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 14:02

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

hi -- nice to meet ya! I'm sure the older people will be thrilled to see you.

I don't think six pounds one way or the other matters for anyone, no matter their starting weight. If you change your eating patterns now and feel sick, your body is giving you valuable feedback. Why do you think you "need" to lose six pounds? Seems to me like your body has found a comfortable weight, you look good...why not relax and enjoy having found a way to eat that works for you and makes you feel healthy? It's as simple as changing the number of your goal.

How about finding new challenges for yourself that aren't directly about body-changing? Why the dietician certificate? Why not shoot for med school? Or decide to climb K2...or whatever sounds like fun and a long, difficult project. Losing the thrill of accomplishment that comes with weight loss or body-building leaves a lack in our lives--a lack of praise, a lack of feeling the accomplishment acutely--but sounds like you're done, you've gotten the reward, you're slim. It's time to enjoy it and relax about the weight.

And if you can't relax...maybe it'd be helpful to talk to a professional who knows about eating disorders and body dysmorphia... If you can't find happiness and satisfaction with what you've done, get help in finding how to find it. Best of luck to you.