#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 12:38

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 205/147/142
BF:
Progress: 92%
Angry I don't know how do you do it?

Hi, everyone

I am actually not a newbie here. I have been involved in the beginning of this board, about 2 years ago or so, when we were on e-groups. Maybe someone remembers Sam, tamarian should. Anyway, whatever. The reason i am back is i think i am loosing faith in this whole thing, at least for myself. Have you guys heard of people that just could not get it to work and went to the other side?
Let me explain. I am a major advocate of LC and i think i read every book and website out there that has anything to do with Diet and Nutrition. It has become a real second profession and since i am currently thinking of radically switching careers, getting my dietitian certification is a serious option. The only problem with it is that through my whole life i have NOT lost a single pound on LC. I do beleive though that it all makes a lot of sence and this is the healthiest lifestile there is and i am planning to raise my children this way. However i have lost over 60 lb on the low-fat/low carb/low everything diet. Granted, i practically staved myself and ate apples and dry cottage cheese. I worked out 7 days a week and was very fit, but tired. I screwed up my health to the extend of loosing feel in my arms and legs (too low fat seems to kill nerves, it turnes out.) and was a nasty angry person all the time. This is when i found low carb (about 3 years ago) as a means of maintaining weight without living in the gym and starvation. I have gained a little, but got healthier, which was more important.
Married life is catching up with me and i seem to have gained a few. I need to drop those annoying 6 lb. But every time i go on a severe, restricted LC i seem to gain weight. I stop after gaining 2 lb and go to the low fat/low carb (lettuce with tuna, skim yoghurt type of deal) and drop some weight. But i can't go like that for long, i get irritable and low energy (no brainer). I seem to have developed total intolerance to hunger after my 60 lb loss on starvation diet. I just don't know how to get it all to work for myself when i counsel my friends and relatives and have at least 3 total success stories (all of them were seriously overweight though, 6 lb give or take did not matter). I stopped taking all diet sodas and artificial sweeteners. I only eat meat and eggs with spinach and lettuce salads. I never once could get into the ketosis, no matter how hard i would try. I would increase fat intake and that only makes me retain water and gain weight. I drink water like a camel and take all the nesessary supplements.
Anyway this is already too long, i have to stop now. I trully believe that it works for a lot of people, but does it work for everyone? Maybe it's a wrong place to ask, because they already left? I want to emphasize, i am not trying to be negative here and would do anything i can to encourage those that made it work. I am just a little lost.

Any opinions are welcome.

Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tekila.jpg (2.2 KB, 163 views)
Sponsored Links