#6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 05:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/126/126
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Not Too Bad!!!

Hi there Alan,

Thanks for replying. I'm finding it OK over here in the UK to LC, the most difficult thing is when we are invited over to friends for dinner and I have to tactfully say that I'm on a LC diet and let them know what I cannot have. This is tricky 'cause the majority of stuff is carb that would be served. Also if you don't know about LC then you don't really know just how much food contains lots of it!

Hopefully though I can balance the rest of my days allowance just in case!

Shopping isn't too bad, although I found that initially the bill was higher. I've got three small kiddies who still need alot of fruit and veggies and don't eat heaps of meat, so I'm sort of buying two types. But one other thing I have noticed is that the 'bulk' of shopping is not there anymore 'cause I'm not buying so much premade stuff, rather fresh meats and produce, which is great really.

The things we don't have alot of are the LC treats as such. I went in to H&B a health food store, and the ladies didn't even understand my question when I asked if they had LC stuff, they suggested somethings which were loaded with it! We can buy if off the web but this can be pricey with p&p so not really feasible on a tight family budget!

Have tried a great bread recipe which has 3-4 carbs per slice which I got off the Low Carb in the UK,

http://www.low-carb.co.uk/gabis.htm

although I've yet to master how to bake it to the original size it grew to when it was proving!!! it keeps shrinking slightly!

Am really enjoying this WOE as I can eat all the yummy things I like, cheese, meat, roast chicken with the skin!!! cream, egg and bacon yum yum.

I haven't felt this good in a long time!

Byeee