#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-02, 16:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/235/200
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Large ketosis and stalled?

I've stayed in large ketosis for a week now with no weight loss. I understand that ketosis in and of itself may not indicate weight loss. I've already read a couple of very informative threads on ketosis. (thanks forum members)

I am keeping my carbs at 17 - 20 per day and I am drinking 72 oz. of water per day. I don't use alcohol, excorsize little, skip breakfast, atkins bar for lunch and have a big supper. My meals consists of beef, chicken, or fish with a small portion of salad. I also usually have a second atkins bar as my evening snack.

Here are some things I have already learned from this forum as it relates to my stall....

More sleep - I usually get 6 hours of sleep.
More excorsize - Ok, I hate excorsize.
Less Sugar substitute - The only sugar substitute I get are the Atkins bars.

I just can't believe that I'm showing large (not a little large, I'm talking 'smoke on the water, deep purple, and I am stalled.

Several years ago I went on a diet called Medifast. It was impossible to maintain but man, did the weight come off. The daily regimen was two shakes a day and 1.5 cups of green salad and 5-7 ounces of meat. I was always in large ketosis then too. I know I can drop the weight that way but I am looking for a lifestyle change, not the yo yo thing.

Anyway, if you see something glaring, please feel free to beat me about the head and shoulders with it. I really want this to work.

Thanks so much.

Paul
Sponsored Links