View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 15:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Ok I am just going to jump in here and ditto all the replies previous regarding your co-worker. Especially the field you are in it is still very male dominated. You just stand your ground with this co-worker remember that is what he is.
Regarding the anxiety. You are a few years younger than me. I am curious if you have done any research on Premenopause, Estrogen Dominance (we big girls and men have plenty of it) and Adrenal Fatique. Insulin Resistance tends to go along with all of these conditions. Messing up our bodies fantasyic ability to produce the hormones we need. I would highly recommend reading the following books:
"What Your Doctor Won't Tell you about Premenopause" Dr Lee
and
"Potatoes not Prozac" Kathleen Des Maisons PHD
I am sure there are others also.
Research PCOS and Adrenal Fatique on the net.

My anxiety had gotten progressively worse over the years. I have gotten to the point where I am unable to venture to far from home and my social life is incapacitated, but with low-carb and also a presciption for Natural Progesterone I am so much calmer, I still worry about lots but I do not get all worked up to the point I have to simply stay at home and can barely cope. It is extremely interesting how our hormones come into play in all of this.