#16   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 07:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/160/135
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default LCing with kids

I just wanted to let everyone know that i have been reading this thread with much interest. Alot of you sound like you have my kids! I have a 15 year old who takes after Dad and has absolutely NO weight problem...he is a rail. Then i have my 12 1/2 year old who is a wee bit on the chunky side, and really could use to lose some weight. It doesn't help that his brother can eat ANYTHING in sight and not gain a pound....so the suggestions and experiences you have all been sharing have been great. Plus i believe this will give ME more of a reason to stay motivated and gives us both an on the spot partner to share or triumphs and stumbles...

So, i think my first step will be breakfast and snacks....then once we get that one good, as that seems to be the most troublesome areas, we will work on lunches and dinners, though they shouldn't be too much trouble as the family already eats a modified low carb dinner. Since i am homeschooling the boys, i will not have to worry about the school pressure and sneak eating that comes with peers...

Anyway, i wanted to say thanks and i will report in and let you know how it is going....

Blessings and Happy Low Carbing!
Sponsored Links