View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 14:41

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 148/146/132 Female 5'61/2"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Homegirl! How totally frustrating!! Have you tried upping your carbs a little? A woman here at the office has been BFLing for two years now and she has lost a lot of weight (in my opinion, a bit too much, but maybe I'm just jealous :rolleyes I know the plan calls for a more balanced approach. I just find that once I start eating carbs there seems to be a bit of a snowball effect. I'm much more comfortable without them.

Allen: I am taking potassium, but like you, have not noticed any amazing rise in energy. I did notice that the horrible low back and leg ache I experienced during the first few days of induction disappeared almost magically when I started taking it. I think maybe a few more carbs might do the trick for you -- worth a try. If you get negative effects you can always cut back again.

Colin: I know what you mean about mouth vs. stomach hunger and I think this is the former. But it's very pronounced sometimes and not so bad at other times. For instance, today I had a half stick of celery and a hamburger patty with melted cheese on it and I'm not nearly so 'hungry' or so sleepy as I was yesterday.

Tecaddict: My lunches are usually so simple I'd be eating nothing after three days!! But you're right. It's important to look at what I'm eating and see if there's a link. Thanks.

It's all a journey, right?

Thanks all,

Jo