View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 12:15

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default What a story!

Wow! Dee, what a story!!! You are a great testimony to what really works! I hope those FAT women "heard" you. I would love to have seen your doctor's face when she looked at your lab tests. Makes me want to get my lab work done, just to prove to my doctor that it IS HEALTHY. The year before I started losing weight, the doctor sent me to a dietician. I talked to her about the Low Carb kind of approach. She reiterated what I had heard, that it was bad for your liver and kidneys. So I didn't try it. Now...after much reading, I found it to work and be the only way to turn this weight thing around. The ironic thing is that when I was young (10 or 12 or so) my doctor said I should just cut out the bread and eat more salads. Isn't that what we are doing? It's funny how "knowledge" continues to change. You have to find what's true and what works for you. My approach with doctors is to avoid them at all costs unless I'm terribly sick. And then I usually treat myself with Echinacea or other herbal remedies. Most people I know get sicker from doctor's interventions. So many people take medicines that conflict with each other or CAUSE other problems. I know there are times I will need a doctor, but I try to stay healthy so I don't have to see them too often. Victoria

PS. I do have a Nurse Practioner that is a gem. She is somewhat overweight, so I don't feel judged by her. She makes me feel comfortable and was open to my approach to weight loss.