View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 08:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default I'm typeO

I think somewhere in the E4YBT, it says something to the effect that if you eat a food all the time and if it's something your body wouldn't normally tolerate, it will build up a mucus layer to prevent the damage that that food would normally cause.

For me it was dairy. Ice cream was my favorite food and I ate it almost daily (not 1/2 cup servings either) I did think that it made my joints hurt, but other than that, I didn't see any adverse affect.

But I changed doctors and he thought I may have some food allergies. He put me on a restricted diet (cut out lots of foods that can cause allergic problems) and after 3 weeks, I was to reintroduce them one at a time. He felt I had a problem with eggs and wheat. I thought maybe it was the dairy. Well as it turned out, I seemed to have little or no problems to the eggs and wheat, but the day I drank that glass of milk first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, I got a pain to beat all pains in my gut. The rumbling went on all afternoon and by early evening, I was running to the bathroom.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that sometimes you don't really know what is causing the problem. He told me it takes 3 weeks to clear your system of these allergins and it sure showed me what my problem was.

But now that they discovered that the lactose is eaten off by bacteria in yogurt and buttermilk, I find that I can tolerate them with no problem.

As for the blood type, I do try to stick to at least the neutral foods and avoid the avoid ones. I think it works.

Sorry for the rambling. I didn't realize this was so long.