View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 02:51

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Default Another Tuesday at the Gym

I was not sure if I was looking forward to going to the gym. I had not been on Sunday as I felt so out of energy. My mood was slightly better, but was not enthuiastic. However, shows that it is all in the mind as I think I had more energy than usual and was able to complete my workplan reasonably easily and even upped one set of weights.

Treadmill - 10 minutes at 3.5 kph and 2% gradient
Abductor machine did 16 reps, twice, at 25 kg - reduced this by 5 kg, and after the first set moved to front of the seat as I think that it is this that is doing my left knee in. My little legs are not made for these machines.
Using a body pump bar did:
16 reps twice of upright row at 7 Kg
16 reps twice of bicep curls at 10 Kg
16 reps twice of chest flies at 10 kg
16 reps twice of bench press at 12 kg - an increase of 2 kg
5 minutes on the rotex at level 2 with speed of between 105-115 - never gone this fast before.
15 vacuum holds
Two sets of 16 dorsal leg raises on each leg - 64 in total
Treadmill - 15 minutes at 3.0 kph and 3% gradient.

Jujubaby
You are so right, eating a low carbohydrate diet will keep type II diabetes at bay. That is one reason I will continue with this way of life as the more I read the more likely I think that I am a prime candidate for it, even though I have not experienced any symptoms yet.

From what you have said, part of your problem may not be eating enough!! Put some healthy fats into your diet as well as more protein. If you do not eat much your metabolism shuts down, thinks it is in famine, and will prevent you loosing weight. You have to kid it that there is a time of plenty ahead, without giving it the carbohydrates to store away.