View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 19:28

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 50%

I couldn't agree more with Agonycat. (As usual.)

A few people in my family and many of their friends are very thin, rich, and chic. Whenever I go to outrageously expensive, elegant restaurants with them, I'm the only one agonizing over these issues. The ultra-hip simply say, "Thank you." They lean forward and engage in conversation. No explanations. They don't have to justify themselves -- they're too cool to explain their behavior.

You were probably the envy of everyone at the table (if you didn't look stressed out over it). They wish they had your reserve of strength and panache. You're too cool to be tempted by some stupid dessert that everyone knows they shouldn't eat!

Since it was a business trip, you probably even scored points as a professional. You were steady and in-control while everyone else was hating themselves for what they were doing.

If you're concerned about what your professional peers think, you couldn't do better than to appear uninterested in an unhealthy dessert. Just make sure you don't act weird about it. Lean forward and engage in conversation. Don't act like you have to justify yourself. Don't look like you're pining for it.

Allison