View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 22:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/176/150 Female 5'6.5
BF:
Progress: 43%

I never said they were exactly the same problems, nor did I deny anyone their individuality. I simply stated facts and asked a question. I'm not going to argue semantics with you. We obviously disagree. However, I'm not sure how you can argue with basic neurology.

I could use the opposite example of: "If you are a bulimic, weigh 98 lbs, and are 5'7, bingeing and purging regularly, how could you say you don't have a problem?" Bingeing and purging/starving are signs of addiction.

Eating shouldn't have to come with a learner’s manual. If you have issues with over eating, you have an eating disorder, or issues with food. If you have unhealthy eating "habits" then you're most likely dealing with a neurological (chemical) addiction. Sorry, but it's science, not my personal opinion. Argue all you like, I'm done on this subject. And for the record, habit and addiction go hand in hand. Sugar (carbs) are the addiction, over eating is the habit. I think we are all here for the same reason; because controlling our carb intake curbs our compulsion to want to overeat. And overeating, is what got us fat.