Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / Somersizing
Stats: 194/184/160
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Re: Blood Type

Quote:
Originally posted by colinjn
Has anyone found any research on blood type and the ease of Low Carbing? The book "Blood Type Diet" states that type O's should have a diet that keeps them in a slight degree of ketosis.

Does that mean that other blood types would struggle in this lifestyle? I'm an O and my spouse is an A (should be vegetarian). I thrive on a low carb diet and she can't stomach it.

I am also a type O and have noticed that I feel much healthier when I am following low-carb "Eat Right for Your Type" options. I refuse to give up the blue cheese dip for my wings and whipping cream, though!! I noticed that when I ate wheat products (Somersizing allows for sugar free shredded wheat w/skim milk) it was like consuming poision. My guts cramped something awful and I could have propelled myself all the way to Vancouver (I'm in Delta!!) from the gas!! (sorry to be so gross!) I had only skimmed thru the research on the blood type thing but I think it has something to do with the different acidity/alkilinity (sp?) of our bodies. I know I feel better when I eat a steak as opposed to pasta so it made sense to me as a type O to pursue this WOL.
Does your spouse have a weight prob? What it it about this WOL can't she stomach? There are many choices for the low-carber that might be able to work for her if she is willing to try.

Sunshine Smiles!!