View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 10:06

Plan: Neanderthin-Based
Stats: 230/218/200 Male 6'3.5"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Don't kid yourselves. Most of us have chosen this way of eating because it eliminates foods with phsychologically and physiologically addictive properties. The amount of people who cannot touch 1 of the forbidden foods with out going on a binge lasting hours or days *raises hand*. Heavily obese people claiming their "large appetites" are responsible while they compusively and morbidly stuff mouthful after mouthful of starch and sugar into their mouths (guilty). Eating high-carb "comfort foods" to relieve depression and comfort phsycological unrest (guilty). The thumping headaches that are most common in the 1st couple of days of lo-carbing (I get them). I am no scientist, but these things indicate there's more to grandma's apple pie than meets the eye.

The 30 pounds is only part of the reason I hopping back on the lo-carb bandwagon. I want the positivity, cheerful disposition and energy back. I'm sick of the high and lows, the feeling of being drugged, the anxiety and the inability to sleep properly because of the so-called "food" I am eating now. I'll go out and drink much beer and eat much starch tonight, wake up tomorrow feeling almost suicidal and then cook myself some bacon and eggs and start my long road to recovery.