View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 09:29

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

Overeating is a habit, not an addiction. I was addicted to some of the asthma meds my doctor was over medicating me with. I went cold turkey on them and thought I was going to die! It was the absolute worst thing I had ever gone through! Another result of those meds was the weight I had gained while taking those meds for two years! They gave me a horrendous appetite! Once my system got through the withdrawal process I still ate the same. Why? I firmly believe it was because I had formed the HABIT of overeating and didn't address that habit at that time. I also had withdrawal symptons from giving up sugars and flours. Can those symptoms be compared to the ones I had when I went off all those prescription drugs? Absolutely not even close folks! It was a walk in the park compared to prescription drug addiction and going off the stuff! They just cannot be compared and to be honest, it is an insult to folks that have gone through addictions to drugs, whether legal ones or not, as well as alcohol. Of course there is the factor of emotional eating, but I strongly feel we are heading back into the realm of habit there as well! When I would get upset it was my habit to go to Taco Bell then stop off and buy a huge candy bar! Then, if I was still upset I would reach for my all time favorite comfort foods...poptarts and cornbeef hash! Then lets not talk about spam! Would you believe I have a can in my cupboards...been there since August and I have no desire to eat it! Why??? Because I feel I have changed my attitude as well as my habits regarding food. Now I could be wrong, but this is my opinion and I am sticking by it! (I had to state that because lately I have ruffled feathers with my opinions).