#3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 09:04

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardae
I (female) have been feeling like crap for a few months now. Cold chills, shaking, mental exaustion, "feel as if I could pass out at times", trouble sleeping, weight gain (20+lbs), Horseness, chocking feeling, headaches, numbness in hands and feet at times, and just plain run down.

Your symptoms certain sound hypot, chardae. Here's a list of typical symptoms, have a read and see if anything else applies to you ok?

Quote:
Went to the doc. they took some blood. Results are back and they are now treating me for "severe depression with anxiety".

Unfortunately very typical - The doctor didn't do the right tests so now he's fallen back on "depression".

Quote:
My labs came back as follows
calcium serum 10.5 H
T3 Uptake 31
T4 (thyroxine) 7.0
Free Thyroxine Index 2.2
TSH (high sensitivity) 1.82

Do you have the lab ranges for the T4 and FTI ? The T3 Uptake and TSH are pretty meaningless - what you want are your FT4 and FT3 tested. Do you have access to a lab near you where you could get this done? Healthcheckusa.com will do a comprehensive thyroid panel for 75$ (Thyroid Panel II, NOT I)

Quote:
Dr says these are all normal and he feels i got a "really good work-up" and sent me home "depressed" on 30 mg cymbalta. It's been almost 2 weeks of giving this a shot thinking ok maybe I am and just don't realize it. I still do not "feel" better, other than the fact I am a little more tolerable of feeling sick. Do you think it's time to flush the doc and find one who will give me a better second look or should I ride it out and hope the "depression" goes away?

It's definitely time to find another doctor - before you rule out thyroid you should have the RIGHT tests done. If you cannot find a doctor to do it for you, maybe you could get them done with the online service I posted above?