View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 04:03

Plan: Paleoish
Stats: 218/175/155 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 68%

Well done! I do a lot of business travelling myself. I find that conferences are the worst as food is usually a set menu.
Instead of dessert, why not go for a cheese platter. I don't know about where you are from, but over here a lot of restaurants have that on their menu as an option instead of dessert. Or, like you said, a coffee with cream. Alternatively, you could just say you are full and couldn't eat another thing!

When I went on a 4 day conference a few weeks ago I knew I was going to have trouble and so I stashed a block of Philadelphia cheese and some mixed huts and had some before we went to a curry banquet. When I got to the banquet it had taken the edge off my hunger so I had some stir fry veg and a bit of butter chicken. (It was a set banquet so I had no choice!) A couple of people next to me noticed I wasn't having rice or bread and I just said that I can't have it because I have hyperinsulinemia and produce too much insulin when I have them. I find people accept that explanation and the reaction is completely different from when I used to say "I'm on a diet"!

Good luck on your next trip in a few weeks. I'm sure you will do well.
Melberry