#11   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 01:21

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally posted by OKwoer
That's when the guilt started. This voice in my head said, "you can't feel full like that and lose weight."

Well I realize this probably sounds more like a journal entry, but I wonder if any of you have felt this guilt I'm referring to, and if and how you've been able to get past it.

Hi Jim.....

I think that you've already taken the first step to "getting past it". You recognized the problem. The logical next step is coming up with an answer to that voice. So when the voice in your head says "you can't feel full like that and lose weight" what if you start to answer back? Say things like:

"HAH!! Take that!! Yes I can. Watch and see what happens!!"

I've had these chats with myself and trust me....with time, the confidence in LC as a WOL will build. I think we all need the proof that it works for US, not just everyone else that has tried it. I had a lot of skepticism when I started, but I told myself in mid-September 2001 that I had to give it a good honest try and committed to stick with it until January 2002. Needless to say, that was enough time to give myself proof.

There are two basics that I think every LCer needs. Patience and persistance! With them, we can "get past" the little bumps in the LC road.

Marlaine