View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 22:07

Plan: Jim's modified CALP
Stats: 483/405/220
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
I once thought that if I could get the shape of my belly down, my life would improve, but now that my skin is scarred - I'll never really be able to pretend that I am a naturally thin person.

Dave,
There's not doubt that your life will improve in so many ways by getting your weight down. I think about them constantly. And if you need help, the thread on here about sunshine moments is great inspiration.

As for the part about pretending you are a naturally thin person, why would you want that? You are a unique individual and everything you have experienced and will experience is a part of who you are. I think Donald is right that you really have to get to a point where you love yourself as you are as well as who you will be. Now understand, I'm saying this as a person who needs to listen to my own words, but why would I want to pretend I'm a naturally thin person. When I reach my goal, I will have truly accomplished something to get there. All the naturally thin person did was to be born with thin genes.

Let me tell you something about my stretch marks. They have become all but invisible. I've been at the same weight for many years, and the marks have changed to my natural skin color.

Try to concentrate on all the sunshine moments to come. Nature will help heal and hide those scars.
God Bless,