#4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 11:01
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

That DVD was deceptively easy....

Today, my thighs (quadriceps?) are *killing* me.

I've got two DVD's here...the one I did yesterday was a 30 minute "express" thing which included resistance exercises (with a stretchie band) - I think that, in combination with several squats is the thing that's making my legs feel like they weigh about 500 lbs. each.

I'll definitely be sure to get out for another long walk with the dogs today, and I'm contemplating the other DVD I have...the Two Mile Walk WATP DVD ...you know...the one that's still sitting in the plastic bag from the store I bought it from. Lucky me...Indigo books didn't have the One Mile in stock...so I'm starting off with the two mile.

I took a look at the beachbody.com website after reading a thread about the "best exercise" videos..and I'm rather interested in their Power 90 series. But...I promised myself that I must work out with the two new DVD's that I bought on the weekend for awhile, to see if I'd actually make use of them before buying something else. Plus...if my thighs are killing me after a 30 minute, seemingly "easy" workout...then I've got a long ways to go. I'd probably kill myself with a more advanced workout. Sooo..I'll just stick with what I have so far, and build on that.

I've also got these neat cards that I pulled out from the January issue of Oprah magazine - each card has weight work , two exercises for each day. There's six cards. For example, the "Tuesday" card has Shoulders and Abdominals. Card instructions suggest four sets (12 reps) of each exercise, alternating between shoulders and abdominals. Wednesday's card is Triceps and Biceps. The idea is that you workout all parts in the six day week. There's one day off. Anyway, I'm gonna incorporate these into my routine as well.

It's 9 am...let's see what I can get done by the end of the day.