#90   ^
Old Sun, Feb-20-05, 07:24
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

More nuggets of info......
Squeezing your bicep is important. Close grip barbell curls, hammer curls, close grip preacher curls, and incline dumbbell curls are all great shaping exercises for the biceps. Push-ups should be done at least twice a week to help develop the overall shape and size of the arms. If you can not do them in the beginning, it is okay to cheat by resting your knees on the mat. In no time at all, you should be doing fifteen solid Military Style push-ups!
Almost everything I've read that relates to women getting cut and SLIMMER is to do cardio 4 or 5 times a week (or more for the physially conditioned/athlete) and adding weight training about 3 times a week. Thus, you're mostly doing a cardio training regime and supplementing it with weight training (and proper, targeted nutrition).

Which is the reverse coneptualization of male/competitive bodybuilding.

Wait another week before doing a carb up. Maybe even two. Here's why:

Women don't need to replace glycogen in the same amount as men, so your carb ups are going to have to be mosly low GI and I'd say keep it at maintenance or about 250 cals above. Remember to drink a ton of water during the carb up.

First half of carb up is high GI, second half is low GI. Since insulin in women is really problematic due to our high estrogen, I'd say have only one sugar blast meal (if at all) and then keep the rest clean. I'd venture to say that this as first meal will not be damaging, but after that, you're flirting with disaster.