View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 17:01

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default A woman on a mission!

WTG Karen! If you'd like while waiting for the book to arrive there are a few sites you can peruse that will fill you in on some of the basics:

www.bodyforlifediaries.com
www.leanandstrong.com
www.bodychangers.com

and of course the BFL website (www.bodyforlife.com).

As for the body fat calculations - I feel most comfortable with the ones that require a few measurements and don't decide based solely on waist and weight - Specially if you've got a smaller waist than average (or a larger one for that matter!) If it makes you feel any better add 2-3% to the reading you have and err on the side of caution.

Like you, I am not satisfied with how I look, even though by most standards I am no longer classed as "overweight". Some of this is body image, I am sure, and it will take me some time to come to grips with. Some is not - I know that I have some fat to lose, that there are areas of my body I am by no means satisfied with - far from it in fact. I caught myself thinking "Yeah, I still have 20 lbs to lose" Ha! This isnt the case - I may have 10 to lose and that's it. Building more lean mass to replace the body fat and becoming toned and muscular will take care of that.

I suspect that w/in 12 weeks you'll be at your goal, Karen. I also suspect that your goal will change. I can't wait to find out

Here's hoping that book shows up soon!
Nat